About

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Grrrr!

That's what I'm generally feeling right now, I feel in a bit of a rut at the moment which means anytime something doesn't quite go right I feel really deflated about it, more so than if I wasn't feeling so stuck. Several things are making me feel like this, but probably the worst thing is not having a job. While this means I have more time on my hands to do other things, having little or no money to spare is making me feel restricted in many ways. I'm trying to use my time as productively as possible but I'm not quite as successful at this as I should be. Of course, writing this down is helping to get it out of my system.
I'm also in a bit of a style rut as well, mostly feeling like wearing the same old comfortable clothes. Realising this, I thought I'd have a look through my wardrobe and try on some of the things that I haven't worn in a while or...ever. You know when you have a few items that you got really cheap 2nd hand, they're really cool, but you're not quite sure how or when to wear them. These are some of those:



My Mum found this in a charity shop and gave it to me, I really like it, it's very 50's lady at home. I think it's some sort of house dress. It's actually really warm and comfy so it fits the description of most other things I've been wearing lately, I should be wearing it every day. My only problem is that I'm not sure how to wear it, it looks a little like a dressing gown, but then again, who cares at least it looks nicer that tracksuit bottoms and a pair of old Ugg boots right? (Gee I look really un-enthused in this picture!)



I got this dress in a charity shop, it's C&A which is now officially vintage! Well it's probably from the 90's, I thought it had a cool collar. I've never worn it! It's very pretty but I have a problem with the fact that it's white, it looks a little bit like a nurse dress. I could dye it, maybe it just needs to be off-white?



This is a pretty cool outfit, another charity shop find-yay! It's a two piece outfit, which is great and I have actually worn each piece separately so it's quite practical, one day I may wear it as intended (including the gold belt) but I'm not sure when or where that will occur. Well I had fun dressing up in stuff that I've not worn outside yet, it's a good way to rediscover your wardrobe and get accustomed to wearing things that you're not used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment