About

Sunday 24 July 2011

Lamb Burger Recipe. (It's sunny - time for a BBQ!)



I think I worked out that we've had roughly a 1 in 10 chance of a sunny day recently and even less odds that the sunny day will be on a weekend. Today a sunny day landed on a Sunday! So we decided it was barbecue time. I'd recently seen a recipe for making Moroccan inspired lamb burgers and fancied making them instead of the usual beef burgers (although I do love beef burgers). I didn't have the recipe so made up an improvised version, they turned out pretty good.


Lamb Burger:
x1 pack of minced lamb
x1 chilli (the variety of chilli depends on how spicy you want)
bunch of Rosemary
bunch of Mint (I probably would have put a bit more in than in pictured here but my plants were a bit sparse)
a couple of cloves of garlic (NOT a whole bulb as pictured)
1 Teaspoon of Cumin
Half a teaspoon on Cinnamon
a bit of Salt and pepper
a couple of Tablespoons of Olive Oil

Chop all the herbs and garlic as fine as you can and put in a mixing bowl, add the oil and spices and then the meat, mix together, I prefer to use my hands so it really mixes well. Then shape into burgers.



To accompany the burgers I made a Tzatziki, which is really easy and delicious.

Tzatziki:

3 or 4 generous tablespoons of greek (or thick) yogurt
one third of a cucumber
1 or a half a clove of garlic (depending how strong you want it)
a bunch of mint chopped
a pinch of salt

Scrape out the seeds of the cucumber and grate the cumcumber, try to squeeze most of the water out of the grated cucumber and put in a bowl, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix. Easy peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment