About

Thursday 21 July 2011

I land on the Island

A short boat ride away from Looe is Looe Island. Even though it was a short (15 minute) ride away I was worried about feeling sick, the last time I was on a small boat, it was for about 4 hours and rocky and horrible. Luckily it wasn't too bad, I think I'm ok as long as the boat keeps moving, it's the stopping in one place and rocking from side to side...blurgh!

Looe Island (AKA St Georges Island) used to be owned by two ladies who then left it to The National Wildlife Trust, so it's now a nature reserve. There are only a couple of the wildlife trust wardens and a few other residents living on the island. It was pretty cool getting to walk around an island that's so small you can understand it's mass, it's just like any other section of land, except it's cut off from anywhere else.





So this was one of the houses on the island, all the houses looked really nice. Part way round the island we were told there was a good place for spotting seals. We managed to see 3 all together, unfortunately they were quite far away, but we could make out there big grins and when one yawned you could see how big it's mouth was. Apparently they sleep with their head poked out of the water and occasionally sink but when they run out of air, instead of waking up to go up for air, they have an instinctual reaction to rise to flip their flippers rising to the surface without waking up.


Can you make out the seal!?

Outfit:
Playsuit: 2nd hand
Shirt: H&M
Shoes: converse

I found this playsuit/romper whatever you want to call it, at a charity shop, at first I was unsure about it, it's a lot brighter than what I normally wear, but I thought, 'what the hell!'. Wearing this grey shirt over the top definitely tones it down and makes it more casual and a bit easier for me to get used to wearing such bright and mixed colours. P.s as my first time wearing a romper, I'm not sure how I feel about the inconvenience it presents when going to the toilet, is it really worth it...? Start the debate now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment