About

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Summer breez...makes me feel fi-hiiine!

Sorry for that cheese'm title, just heard that song on the radio and it was in my head. It's lovely and hot hot here today and has been so for at least 4 days in a row, yes, it's one of those rare mini heat waves again. Have been a bit rubbish at getting into the habit of doing outfit posts, I managed to take some pictures during my lunch break this time, might be the way to go. I try to photo the days when I work (official work like) because I tend to dress up a little more on those days. However! I should like to get into the habit of forming more 'together' outfits on my days off, or days when I'm running errands, doing art related work etc... It's very easy for me to get into a bad habit of just wearing jeans and dirty tops on these days, when really I should use these days for wearing my more experimental clothes. Although at work (work work-in the office) there is no set dress code, I feel the need to dress more smartly and not show my arm tattoos, so there are some limits. I should explain that currently while being a self employed artiste I have another part ime job as a receptionist to a chiropractors, which is very nice, pays the bills and allows me to work on art on days off.


Outfit
Top: Gap
Skirt: Thrifted
Sandals: Urban Outfitters

So, yea I can easily fall into bad habits, like, if I want to save a smarter less hole-ridden top for a work day, I'll not wear it on a day off, so revert to a more ragged slightly less desirable top. I'm hoping this blog will help to change this habit.

Got these new sandals in the post today from the Urban Outfitters sale, I thought they were a nice simple style with a slight edge being give by the small wooden platform, they're not too tall either, so I feel very comfortable in them. The rest of the outfit is nothing really special, the skirt is one of my best bargain finds, I think it was £2! at a charity shop, it was longer and I tried to wear it as a midi but it just didn't look right, so I chopped it! Now I wear it often. I admit, I was originally wearing a long sleeve top, for work, but decided that had it not been a work day, this is what I'd wear, 'cos it was hot like!



Trying to show off my side braid here, a good hairstyle for a hot day.


No comments:

Post a Comment