About

Saturday 16 July 2011

In case I go near a cliff edge

As this is a new blog, I thought a good way to get it going and to get used to taking outfit photos of myself would be to start while I'm on my holiday! Seeing as when I go on holiday I tend to plan what I'll be wearing anyway for packing purposes and because I like to be a bit more experimental with what I wear. I'm not sure why exactly, I think it might have something to do with knowing that I won't see anyone I know on holiday, which is a bit silly, there's no reason why I should worry about what people think of what I wear or what they think about me at all. I think it's just a slight feeling of self consciousness if someone you know notices that you look a bit different to usual or something, that sounds so backward, I sure a lot of people would like the idea of people noticing that you looked nice or different, I'm not saying I don't like it, but I think I need to put less emphasis on thinking about what people are thinking of me. That just sounds weird, but anyway, holidays are a good opportunity to come out of your shell a bit, however that might be.

From holiday

The holiday was a lovely week long trip to Looe in Cornwall with my partner, his brother and cousin and their partners. I love Cornwall, I used to go on holiday there a lot with my family when I was kid. I know it's an increasingly popular holiday destination and is maybe getting over touristy in places, but I still love walking around the coastal paths and exploring the countryside and beaches.

From holiday

So here I am on the beach! This is what I wore on the first day, exploring and walking. We started the holiday with the longest walk, we walked over to the next town, Polperro, via the coastal path, it's about 4.5 miles on the main roads, we were thinking it would be a fairly long walk, but it might only take us a couple of hours. We forgot about the wiggly pathways and the ascents, descents etc... I'm glad I wore my converse trainers, probably the most sensible walking shoes I own. Even though it was tiring I really enjoyed being outside and challenging myself more physically as a lot of my time at home is spent on a computer, sat down (something I need to change).

This dress is a 2nd hand find which I altered, I trimmed and scalloped the hem and altered the neck line with a bit of bond-a -web to create some small lapels. I'm also wearing my diy-ed leather harness, made from a few skinny leather belts, I think it gives the rather girly dress a bit of an edge (or it makes me look like I'm wearing those sets of child reigns that stop children from running away-ha!).

From holiday
Outfit:
Dress: Charity Shop
Harness: diy
Shoes: converse
Bag: Dooney & Bourke

No comments:

Post a Comment